Student Research Grants
The AMCOP Student Research Grants Program is administered according to the following guidelines:
The Call for Proposals will be announced annually through this website at the link through an email to current members of AMCOP. A Call for Proposals for the 2021 Grant program has been announced and the deadline for application is July 9, 2021. Application forms and instructions for their submission are available through the link under the "Grants" tab above.
Student Travel Grants
AMCOP Student Travel Grants ($200) are available to presentation award winners from the most recent AMCOP to provide financial support to our student award winners who present their winning presentation at another scientific meeting. AMCOP student members who received either the C. A. Herrick, G. R. LaRue, R. M. Cable, or Honorable Mention awards are eligible for this grant and it is available to them during the year following receipt of their presentation award (e.g., students winning an award in 2018 must request the grant prior to the AMCOP meeting in 2019). Student winners are limited to requesting this grant once for each presentation award they receive at the annual AMCOP meeting.
Application forms and instructions for their submission are available through the link under the "Grants" tab above.
AMCOP Grant Programs
- A total of $1000 is available to be awarded so that at least two grants, one for undergraduate students and the other for graduate students (M.S. or Ph.D.), will be awarded, given there are sufficient high-quality grants. The maximum amount of any grant is $500 and it is up to the discretion of the Grant Committee as to the amount and number of smaller awards.
- Awardees and their mentors are to be members of AMCOP. (Dues are inexpensive: $10 for students, $20 for professionals.)
- Awardees are required to present results of the funded research at the next AMCOP meeting.
- A student may not receive more than two grants
- Grants must be used to support field or laboratory research related expenses (equipment, supplies, or travel to field sites). Salaries, travel to meetings, and purchase of books will not be supported.